Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Poundland Makeup!

I'm currently trying to live off a mega tight budget, so after seeing numerous posts about Poundland stocking makeup for £1, I thought to myself "Hmmm, I shall definitely have to go take a look at this!", so off I skipped to my local town and had a look around Poundland. All of their makeup is stocked in little see through plastic bags, so you can't test the colours, but I managed to pick up 3 Sally Hansen nail polishes in "Time To Shine", "Emerald City" and "Purple Pizzazz" and a Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lipgloss Duo in Cherry Blossom (which is now my new favourite lip product!) all for just £4, perfect! 


I love the Rimmel lasting finish gloss, the base colour dries so quickly and doesn't smudge (see pic below for evidence that the red doesn't come off on the clear gloss brush)


I know they look a bit overinflated here, but my lips are 100% real and natural, I swear!! :) as you can see from the above pic, the red base colour really does dry to perfection, there is no colour transfer to the clear gloss brush (which is really handy, because normally my clear glosses go a strange shade of pink after being mixed with numerous different red lipsticks)


Look how red my lips are! I love this stuff :D it also lasts for ages and I didn't have to reapply for a good few hours, it's also drink proof - I didn't leave any red lip marks on my coffee cup or anything :)

The Sally Hansen nail varnishes are pretty damn awesome too, I especially love the Emerald City one, it's a beautiful bottle green shade and really suits my pale skin.




I haven't tested out Purple Pizzazz or Time to Shine yet, but I'm sure I'll do a review of them soon! all in all, I'm definitely happy with my Poundland purchases! Have you ever bought any makeup from a discount store?  


7 comments:

Stacey Kane 4 July 2012 at 09:24  

I picked up some bargains in poundland recently too, including the Rimmel lasting gloss its really good:) I also found some Revlon colourstay eyeshadows, Rimmel cream bronzer and their glam eyes mono shadows <3

I didn't see the nail varnish in my local one but maybe I should check again next time Im in town, they look great!

Emily Has Dimples x 5 July 2012 at 02:00  

Amazing buys- you can't beat a bargain! That lip duo looks fantastic and totally agree about that polish suiting you I've got nothing like that in my possession so will be keeping an eye out for it!x

Nicola ODonnell 6 July 2012 at 18:50  

Wow the emerald city is beautiful :) such a bargain! Xxx

Roisin. 8 July 2012 at 03:02  

Hi, I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. Please check out my post x

brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

Laura-xo 10 July 2012 at 12:33  

I really need to get myself down to pound land. I'm missing some right bargains!!!

xoxo

Laura Morrall 10 July 2012 at 14:23  

Oh wow! That is a stunning red lip colour, it really suits you!

Great buys, I'm always searching for new bargains in poundland. I mainly tend to buy Revlon/Sally Hansen Nail polish.

Just found your blog, now following! Maybe you could check out my blog too?

Laura xx
http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

linlicious-style 31 July 2012 at 09:46  

great post!

are we following yet?
let me know if you follow me (with GFC + twitter + FB?)
& I'll follow back!

www.linlicious-style.nl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP