Friday, 22 June 2012

Experimenting with Nail Art

Recently I've become a bit obsessed with nail art, especially the 3D sparkly kind - with loads of embellishments and beautiful glittery bits and pieces stuck on for good measure! although the practicality of some of these designs are a bit dubious, there's no denying that they're incredibly beautiful and very creative. 
I thought I'd give it a try for myself with some little nail jewels I found hanging around in my bedroom and some glitter. I also made use of some eyeshadow to see if that would add to the effect too!


 1 - Nails Inc :: Elizabeth Street (Base colour) 
2 - Barry M Nail Paint in Shocking Pink (Bright pink line) 
3 - Barry M Nail Paint in Raspberry (Deep Red / Pink line) 
4 - Barry M Eye dust (16) for coppery bronze glitter accents 
5 - W7 Space Debris for large sparkles 
6 - Random unknown brand nail gems 
7 - Tweezers and a cuticle tool 
8 - Clear Top Coat

I started off by applying a pale nude colour (Elizabeth Street) as a base and then drew two lines in different shades of pink (Shocking Pink and Raspberry) across my nail. I then applied a thin coat of clear polish and dusted the eye dust over the top of it and then dipped the nail in the W7 Space Debris. Then, using yet more clear polish and the pink cuticle tool I applied the gems and more bits of Space Debris on the nail as well. 
 
 
The pictures don't do it justice as unfortunately my little point and click Nikon Coolpix isn't particularly good at picking up sparkles! but I'm really happy with the finished result :) I'm a bit scared of actually using my hands to do anything now out of fear of runaway gems, but they sure are pretty to look at :) 

Whats your favourite trick for doing nail art? do you have a favourite look? :)

12 comments:

Gina 22 June 2012 at 17:11  

Hi Claire, thanks for stopping by my page I'm following you now!

~Gina

Claire 23 June 2012 at 01:55  

These look so pretty! They're amazing :) I've not done any nail art in ages and even then my most adventurous was polka dots!

Candy and Treats 23 June 2012 at 05:47  

I love that you can do that! :-D
I am so not patient enough for things like that, such a shame :)

Erin 23 June 2012 at 10:39  

I wish I had the patience to do my nails like that!
Thanks for following my blog :) I followed back!

peaceloveandshimmer.blogspot.com

Emily Has Dimples x 23 June 2012 at 11:53  

Wow! So impressed by your efforts! I don't have the patience will nail art, but always appreciate it when other people do! x

A Possible Fantasy 23 June 2012 at 16:41  

oh, your nails look so pretty! you did fantastic job!

do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and google friends connect)? let me know!
see you around!

www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

Megan 24 June 2012 at 03:55  

Hello! thanks so much for subscribing to my blog, I really appreciate it!
I am loving your blog! and you are so stunning! I love these nails, I have been meaning to experiment with this kind of thing for such a long time, will difinitely have to give it a go after seeing this though :)!

x
http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/

Glossy Lala 24 June 2012 at 05:46  

Nice nails,made with passion and a lot patience.
I wonder if you would like to follow each other : ).

http://www.glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

Happy blogging!

Charlotte Rushton 25 June 2012 at 06:05  

That looks so fab!
xoxox
http://charpee-charpee.blogspot.co.uk/

Pretty Affairs 25 June 2012 at 09:38  

this is rather impressive nail art! looks pretty! you have a new follower x

Donna Dell 25 June 2012 at 14:59  

your nails look gorgeous! great job!

Yolandaas 26 June 2012 at 12:56  

Thanks for the comment.. love your polish.. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP