Sunday, 1 August 2010

Versace Sensual Glam

I was going through some of the drawers in my bedroom this morning (my room is in desperate need of a tidy up, I still haven't got round to it and I've been back here for over a month now! lol) and I came across a random Versace Sensual Glam lipstick in V2013. I vaguely remember buying this a few years back but never really got round to trying it out as it isn't really my colour. Today, however, I thought I'd try it out and I think I'm pretty much in love. I'll have to hunt out some more of these lipstick in some shades that are more suited to my colourings.


The casing is pretty cute and quite glam, like most standard Versace items. The colour of V2013 is quite difficult to describe. In the above picture it appears to be quite a bright pinky colour, but in the below (one I took myself - apologies for it being somewhat blurry!) it's more of a lilac hue.


The lipstick goes on really creamy and feels amazing on your lips, it almost has the texture of a balm on first application and the colour is really bright and vivid after one application. The creamy effect does wear off though and about 10 minutes later it felt quite drying on my lips, but the colour stayed put for hours and hours (even though I was drinking coffee and eating food) so I can forgive the fact it ended up feeling quite dry - almost as though I had nothing on my lips at all. 


As you can see from the pics of my lips above, the colour did come out very purple / lilac on my lips. The lipsticks pinky tones were enhanced with the camera flash but the swatch on the right is a more true to reality - the lipstick looked almost exactly that shade, except lighter. It's not really a colour I feel I could wear every day, but it might be good for more dramatic makeup. 

I definitely want to try out some more of the Sensual Glam lipsticks though, they have some quite nice shades and the texture of the lipstick is possibly one of the best I've ever tried. 

3 comments:

kirstyb 1 August 2010 at 08:35  

ooooh loving all the colours xxxx

Adele 1 August 2010 at 13:33  

hey, i have a similar colour the v2035 it that means anything? haha its a lilac colour which i think is a bit much because it makes me look alien but with a bit of barry m's lipgloss in four it makes it wearable and taste like strawberrys and cream :) xx

Claire Elizabeth 1 August 2010 at 14:10  

Hehe yeah, lilac colours are quite tough to wear on the lips! I'm going to have to give the Barry M gloss a try and see if it tones it down a bit :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP