Monday, 19 July 2010

Accidental Hiatus!

Oops! it appears as though I went on an accidental hiatus for a while there, I'm back now though :) yay! 

Quite a lot has happened in the past couple of months... I went to Download (as I mentioned in the post below) and it was AMAZING, I also won a competition to present my own show on Download FM on the Sunday which was great. Sadly it rained loads on Sunday during and after Billy Idol, so I was soaked for my show, but it was great fun :) staying in VIP camping was awesome too - proper toilets (with sinks and soap!!) and hot showers and it only took us about 2 minutes to get into the arena from our tent, lol, we literally just wandered into the hospitality entrance and then into the arena past the main stage, good times! :) overall it was a fantastic weekend (highlights being - AC/DC, Rage against the machine, Cinderella, Slash, Saxon, Billy Idol and Aerosmith) 

A couple of weeks after Download the lease on our flat in Aldgate East came up (one of my flatmates has gone travelling around India for a year so we had to cancel our contract early) so Dan and I moved back to Suffolk. I was sad to leave London as I have loads of happy memories of being there, but I'm a country girl at heart so being back in Suffolk is great - so many trees, fields and animals! plus we're surrounded by beaches (which has been super handy given the heat wave we've had recently)

The main news though is that I now have a wonderful boyfriend... Dan! yes, my best friend Dan and I decided to stop messing around and actually get together. We've been best friends for 6 years and something has always been there but I only just realised. I literally woke up one morning and thought "Omg... I love him!" so we had a heart to heart and decided to get together :) we're blissfully happy and I've never felt this way about someone before, so completely relaxed and at ease, he's amazing and I feel so lucky to have realised how much he means to me :) we've lived together for a year already in London, so we did things kind of backwards really, lol... but we're looking to move into a cottage in rural Suffolk soon :) 
I'm going to High Voltage festival this weekend coming up which will be great! and we're staying in a 5 star hotel over the weekend too, woo, exciting times! :D 

I'm going to work on some review posts and things now, I just wanted to keep you all updated as to what I've been up to recently, hope you're all well :)


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP