Wednesday, 17 March 2010

LUSH reviews!

as I mentioned earlier, I took a trip to Lush and bought some more lovely ballistics and bubble bars, so I thought I'd write a little post reviewing a couple of the products that I've used so far (I've used both of these products mentioned many times before, so I know them pretty well now :D)

Karma Bubble Bar


The Karma fragrance is one that is prevelant in Lush, it's their signature scent and they have a whole range of products in the Karma range. My all time favourite Lush product was the now discontinued Hot Milk bubble bar, and Karma reminds me of Hot Milk due to the orangey hue - the fragrances aren't really anything alike, but the colour is! :) 

Lush offers the following description of Karma on their website - 

Our signature fragrance for bath-time: oranges and multi-layered spices. Karma is a fragrance that keeps on giving. Each time you catch a whiff of its many-layered fragrance you notice yet another thread in its multi-stranded personality. Top notes, middle notes, base notes and all the notes in between disentangle themselves before you. Bathe in a fluffy Karma bath and you'll generously perfume the whole house with its fragrance (and yourself, too).

Karma is definitely very strongly scented, fortunately it's a lovely fragrance and isn't ridiculously over powering or at all sickly. It smells quite citrusy and spicey - very warming and cosy and would be suitable for chucking in the bath if you have achey muscles or a headache.

The thing I really love about Karma is the fact that it crumbles in your hands easily, you can break a little bit off and then crush it under hot running water and watch the bubbles build up instantly. It's very frothy and a small ammount will provide pleanty of bubbles. It's quite a 'soft' product... soft meaning that it makes the water feel silky smooth and it really feels soothing on the skin.


I felt superrrr comfortable and cosy lying back in my Karma bath, reading a book and inhaling the lovely fragrance, it's actually quite invigorating (probably due to the orange fragrance notes) and so I'll probably use it in the mornings, to wake me up a bit! 


Karma retails at £2.95 and can be bought on the Lush website - www.lush.co.uk

Geo Phyzz Bath Ballistic
 Lush have recently relaunched the Geo Phyzz bath ballistic in a new smaller size (I have no idea why though, does anyone know?). Geo Phyzz has always been one of my favourite bath ballistics as it smells divine - really earthy and natural. It's also very good for the skin due to the volcanic clay that makes an appearance in it, and really helps to smooth and nourish. 

Lush's description - 

The earthy ballistic is back in a smaller size. Geo Phyzz is like a luxury spa treatment with Hawaiian sea salt. The salt is coated in mineral-rich volcanic clay, and it makes your skin feel better, too. Scents of seaweed, sandalwood and cypress conjure thoughts of bathing in the warm sea as the breeze gently skims the shoreline.

When I threw this little ballistic in the bath I noted that it may be small but it fizzes like a super huge ballistic and turns the water a beautiful green hue. Another lovely feature is the salt that is really smooth and dissolves easily in the water, some products that feature salt are quite harsh and the salt feels scratchy and irritating, fortunately Geo Phyzz isn't like that at all, and doesn't irritate my skin.

I'd describe it as unisex as it's not floral or overtly girly, and my male flatmate commented on how good the flat smelt (as with most Lush products - the scent carries!) so it's great for both girls and boys! 

When I got out the bath, my skin felt amazing, really soft and conditioned. It's definitely a lovely treat if you feel like your skin needs some TLC.

If you feel like treating your skin you can buy Geo Phyzz for £2.45 :) - www.lush.co.uk

What would you say your favourite Lush products are?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP